Young people are not digital natives. Those who are vulnerable, particularly those at points of transition in their life (unemployed, homeless, in care, in secure accommodation, excluded from mainstream education, seeking asylum) are most at risk of slipping through the net and falling outside the digital mainstream.
The #NotWithoutMe programme has been established to challenge digital exclusion for vulnerable young people and advocate for further digital support for young people across the UK and Ireland. The programme is made up of several supporting strands of work:
- The #NotWithoutMe Accelerator: an innovative development programme which offers a six-month programme of training, support and £3,000 development funding. Further information can be found below APPLY ONLINE HERE by 5pm Monday 30th April 2018.
- Glasgow Digital Resilience Group participation: the Carnegie UK Trust is a member of Glasgow City Council’s ‘Digital Resilience Group’ which is currently focused on digital technology and skills provision for Care Experienced young people across the Glasgow area.
- Digital Research: building on the first #NotWithoutMe report ‘A digital world for all?’, we will continue to seek opportunities to produce useful and robust research on digital exclusion for vulnerable young people.
- Networking and Communications: the programme aims to support the community of practitioners working in relevant areas of policy, practice and academia through events and networking opportunities.
The #NotWithoutMe Accelerator
#NotWithoutMe supports the development of new and engaging digital inclusion projects, working specifically with vulnerable young people aged 11-25 to develop their digital skills, resilience, confidence, access and critical understanding. The Trust is now looking to support the development of a further three projects through their first digital inclusion accelerator.
Successful applicants will receive:
- The chance to be part of a six-month accelerator of support workshops, project and staff development opportunities. (The Trust will fund the full travel costs for up to two staff members to attend.)
- £3,000 funding to assist with designing and refining your project idea.
- Networking with participants, mentors and sector stakeholders.
- Opportunity to pitch for up to £40,000 further funding and a year’s support after the completion of the #NotWithoutMe Accelerator.
- Social media promotion for your project and work.
- Evaluation to identify successes, challenges and how to take your project forward.
APPLY ONLINE HERE by 5pm Monday 30th April 2018
The application will be completed online, through a series of written questions, Theory of Change document and short video. The application is designed so that we can understand your organisation, your experience, enthusiasm and project idea.
Further information about the #NotWithoutMe Accelerator including eligibility criteria, judging criteria, key dates and expectations can be found in the Project Brief and FAQ. A downloadable version of the Application Questions is also available.